Thursday, 11 November 2010

Cosy Obsession

Winter is upon us!

I think Monday was the official "S**t me, it's cold!" day. Winter has truly taken over autumn. And with that, it's time to say goodbye to the pink Primark waterproof with cardy underneath, and hello to some real winter warmth.

So what’s on the agenda....

Earmufs (or failing that, some snazzy headphones). As I will be reintroducing my 'fro in a few weeks, hats are not so practical. Therefore earmuffs are the way forward.



Wonder if I can find those in TK Maxx...

Next a pair of cute boots, not to high but not those flat things everyone likes either, perhaps something like this...



Ok, so they are high... I will be forever obsessed with United Nude boots and shoes, I already own the Fold Hi's and the knee highs with all the pockets... have no idea what they were called as they're discontinued now. :(



Over knees socks, love ‘em, self explanatory...


And most importantly, a winter coat. I want something classic and with a hood. (And warm of course) I considered making one and just altering the dress pattern to incorporate a hood, but I’m cold and lazy... Parkers are an option... but I'd rather not.
Here is what i have in mind



Nice n downy inside. The Uniqlo staple. (And clearly a Parker…)



And why does this not have a hood!!!!!! >:| It’s perfect, minus the fact that is has no hood…

So that leaves Umbrellas!! Yes they’re troublesome and become slave to the wind, BUT I discovered Edwardian style umbrellas a while ago and never looked back! Why? Due to they’re shape, they rarely (if ever) turn inside out. Or at least mine never has… not even once!!



Well worth the £15 i paid for it, although mine suffered a horrendous drain accident and lost it’s plastic lid thingy, it hasn’t been the same since, with a 5 inch metal spike at the top… but still keeps the rain out. :)