Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Girigiri obsession

girigiri means "just in time" or in "the last moment". And i have been saying this a lot lately .
I don't know what wrong with me. My life right now feels like the last 30 minutes of the tabehoudai/nomihoudai course.

As though I am trying to cram as many things as is humanly possible into these last few months!
Actually this was the month that I went snowboarding. I don't think I have ever been so scared and excited at the same time. 

I fell flat on my face and broke my glasses though. My friend was a great teacher apart from the "Just stand up" advice he gave me when I asked "How do I stand up"
Despite it being my first time, and only snowboarding for about 4 hours, I think I did pretty well :)


The next week I went to Okinawa for 4 days. Actually I had wanted to go to Hokkaido for the Yuki Matsuri (Snow festival) but two weeks prior the same friend and I had gone to Nikko with it's fresh snow, so they complained that hokkaido would be too cold. So we decided on Okinawa. It rained every. damn, day. Despite its awful cold, cloudy, rainy weather I had a really great time! I was able to see many national heritage sites, my friends had been to Okinawa many times before so I felt as though I had expert tour guides with me. I was so excited one morning when it was sunny. Only to run out side to the beach and have the sky cloud over and the rain start up again.

This week I started to sell my stuff. www.cragislist.jp and yahoo auctions are being very, very, very, good to me! Maybe a little too good. I fear I may have put things up for sell to early. There is a good chance that I wont have a fridge, TV or IH for a month hahahaa. Guess Ill be eating out!