Sunday, 17 November 2013

My birthday obsession - Aug 13



It's my birthday on the 28th, yay me! (Above: Me doing makeup in my camera in oppose to a mirror - aren't I resourceful!!11)

Things have been a little strained since my grandma's stroke my mother, brothers and I are very close to her and have always been. Around Christmas last year my grandma's health was deteriorating so my mum (and little brothers) moved in with her. They were just about to slowly live between my grandma's and our home when the stroke happened so obviously that plan has been aborted and my mum will move in as my grandma's permanent carer.
Despite what has happened I am still very much looking forward to my birthday. Firstly as it will be the first time to spend it with my family in 2 years, and secondly because I have new boyfriend to share it with too! :-D

The new man in my life.


We met for the first time in April at one of our salsa classes. He was a friend of a friend in our social group who had suggested the other guys try salsa (a little confusing, I know) he went to my uni at the same time as me (but I didn't know him then) so I guess I could say I met him through a friend. 

When I first saw him I told said friend that I thought he was "delicious" and from there on tried to see how I could get him to notice me. It wasn't very difficult though lol. It wasn't long before we began exchanging lingering glances across the dance floor and flirting at any opportunity. We exchanged numbers and the rest flowed along quite happily.


We had our first date in may but we weren't really sure what we wanted (well at least I wasn't) I had just got back from Japan where I had had a few fluff relationships (although I had thought they were all pretty serious at the time) and so was looking to get myself settled before jumping into anything.

Well 2 months later and things were still going extremely well, and being as impatient as I am, I just had to know where things were going. So I asked him. And ever since we have been together in total bliss and merriment :-D 

To commemorate our first month as an official item, he took me out on a surprise date to dinner and to watch the Lion King which was absolutely amazing. Honestly cant say I've had a happier moment in the early stages of a relationship. Usually I'm still struggling to understand their quirks, but in this case, there doesn't seem to be any :D (no negative ones anyway ^o^

Now, romance aside, I'm still kinda of failing in the job department. It seems my uncle has taken pity on me, as he has offered me a job to work with him in his company. It is in construction so obviously not the market where I had hoped to be, but one things for sure, it's going to be a ton of fun, my uncle is the best kind of nutter.

Birthday hair!

Had my mum do a twist out for me. Aint it just the cutest thing!!